Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Lack of sleep and a late night Epiphany

As I know I've mentioned in the past, I'm a duct tape lover. I've been working with it for quite sometime. Learning more as I go and perfecting the crafts I enjoy working on.
Which brings me to my duct tape rose. There's one particular way to do a rose and I hate the way it looks. It's tight and pointy and there's tutorials all over the internet to do it this easy unimaginative way.
Quite a while ago, I figured out how to make it look somewhat more realistic. Then.. I forgot. So I had to resort to the way that I hated, but I rounded off the tips and called it a day. Thinking I had re-remembered how I was doing it before.
Holy crap. I was so far from being right it's not even funny.
Two nights ago while working on the first steps for my "Art for Art" project, I had this Huge ass moment where I got so frustrated that everything clicked!
How freeing to know I won't have to suffer through the needless task of making crap. Now I can go back to the enjoyment of making something beautiful. An actual small work of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment